Robotic Gripper Workshop
Eager to develop your own Robotic Gripper!!! Innovate yourself towards industrial phenomena of
holding objects through the Robotic Gripper and learn the concept of gripping just in 2 Days..
- Photo Gallery
- Video Gallery
Robotic Gripper Workshop mainly focuses from Basics to Advanced concepts of Robotic Gripper Development which includes designing of Gripper Unit, Gear Mechanism, DC Gear Motor arrangement and ARM Movement. The students will get the chance to control ARM movement, hold objects and place them in desired place.
The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days with eight hours session each day, in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hand on practical sessions. At the end of this workshop a competition will be organized among the participating students where each participating student will get Certificate of Participation and the Winners will get Certificate of Merit.
Workshop Level: Intermediate Level
Best Suited For: All Interested School Students
Workshop Certification: Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Workshop Training Kit : Robosapiens Acrylic Gripper Module **SKU: RM1107
Day 1 (Session 1)
Introduction to Robotic Gripper
Introduction to Gear Mechanism
Basics of Robot Electronics
- Basic Electronic Components
- Basic Electronic Components
- Fundamental Electrical Concepts
- Integrating Circuit
Introduction to Microcontroller
This session would deal with the basics of Microcontroller. The focus will be on the AVR Micro controller, which is one of the most powerful and widely used 8 bit microcontroller.
- What is Microcontroller?
- Difference between Microcontroller and Microprocessor.
Day 1 (Session 2)
Assembling the DIY kit of Acrylic Robotic Gripper
Assembling plays a major role that deals with the mechanical section of Robotics including mounting of components and mechanical stability.
Installation of Software and Debugging
- Writing your First 'Embedded C' Program in AVR
- Program Compilation and Debugging
- Loading Compiled 'C' Program into microcontroller using Robosapiens 'AVR Loader V1.0 Beta'
Interfacing of Motors
- Motors and Actuators
- Motors and Controlling Circuit (L293D IC)
- Interfacing of DC geared Motors
- Robotic Gripper Movement
Day 2 (Session 3)
Introduction to Timer / Counter
- What is Timer/Counter
- Programming Timer/Counter of ATMEGA8
- Pulse Width Modulation
- Wave Generation Modes (PWM) by Timer/Counter in PWM mode
- Working with Robotic Gripper
Day 2 (Session 4)
After the hand on theory and practical experience from the workshop, Zonal Round Competition will be conducted for the participants.
On behalf of Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Certificate of Merit will be provided to all Zonal Round Winners and Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the Zonal Round Participants (Excluding Merit Participants).
Project to be Covered
- Blinking of LEDs
- Controlling Intensity of LEDs using PWM
- Opening & Closing of Robotic Gripper using delay
- Opening & Closing of Robotic Gripper using PWM
- Pick and Place Object using Robotic Gripper
1x (Robosapiens Atmega8 mini Robotics Development Board V4.0)
- Programming via boot loading through USB Port or 6-Pin ISP (In System Programming) cable.
- Driver Software not required (Plug & Play device).
- Three ports available for user interface: PORTB-8 Pin, PORTC-7 Pin, PORTD-8 Pin
- External Reset Switch
- On board crystal oscillator of 12 MHz frequency.
- On board LCD interface port.
- HXD® BUZZER for audible interaction with the users.
- Dedicated DTMF decoder IC module plug-in slot.
- Two supply inputs: One through battery and Second through Adapter.
- On board 5 volt regulated power supply for the board and external peripherals.
- Two H-Bridge implemented on the board using L293D IC to drive two DC motor with 1A drive current at voltages 4.5 to 36 volt.
1x (ATmega8 with inbuilt Robosapiens Bootloader)
1x (USB Connector cable)
2x (Screw driver)
2x (Sector Gear)
2x (Mounting Bracket)
2x (Gripper Pads)
1x Motor Holding Bracket
4x (ARM Link)
2x (50 RPM Dual Shaft Straight)
Other required Tools and accessories etc.
- Designing of The Robotic Gripper
- Focus on Industrial application of Robotic Gripper
- Gear Mechanism
- Controlled Movement of DC geared motors
- Focus on Timers and PWM
- Working with various Peripherals of Robosapiens Atmega8 mini Robotics Development Board V4.0
- FREE ROBOTIC KIT to Individual Group
- Certificate by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Certificate of Participation to all Zonal participants
- Certificate of Merit to all Zonal Winners
- Straight Entry into Final Round of National Level Robotics Championship
- Chance to represent yourself in IIT (Indian Institute of Technology)
- Enhance your Knowledge through various Live Projects
- Attractive On Spot Cash Prizes for all Final Round Winners