Cyber Security Workshop
In this cyber world every detail about you can be exploited by someone. It's the very basic need to remain safe while surfing, downloading, sending and online transactions. This is the centre of gravity for our cyber security workshop, by providing all the key points to avoid getting hacked.
- Photo Gallery
Ethical hacking is an important tool in many national security agencies and even companies. In order to become an Ethical Hacker or Security Expert one must think out of the box with the mentality that in order to catch a thief.
This workshop is specifically designed to provide the right knowledge to the aspiring Hacking and Cyber Security enthusiasts. This workshop will explore the various means that an intruder has, to gain access to computer resources. It will investigate weaknesses by discussing the theoretical background behind, and whenever possible, actually performing the attack.
The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days with eight hours session each day, in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hand on practical sessions. At the end of this workshop a competition will be organized among the participating students where each participating student will get Certificate of Participation and the Winners will get Certificate of Merit.
Workshop Level : Intermediate Level
Best Suited For: All Interested School Students
Workshop Certification: Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Day 1 (Session 1)
Being a Hacker
- Who is a Hacker?
- Why People Hack?
- What people Hack?
- What is information?
- How much worth my Information is?
- Types of Hackers
- Approach of a Hacker
- Steps in Hacking
Basics of Internet, Networking & Hacking
- What is a Network?
- Types of network – LANs, WANs & WLANs
- What is Internet?
- History of the Internet
- Basic Structure
- What is a Server?
- What is an IP Address?
- What is a domain name?
- What is a browser?
- Client-Server Relationship Model
- What is a port?
Information gathering by Hackers (How to protect your information?) (Practical)
- How Hackers gather information about us?
- Does everybody know about you?
- Where do they get it?
- Whois access (Demo)
- Maltego (Demo)
- 123people.com (Demo)
- Ip scaning (Demo)
- Port scaning (Demo)
- Network scanning & its tools (Demo)
- What is Google and how does it work?
- Google Hacking (Demo)
- Accessing Public Cameras
- Basic hacks (Demo)
- How can Google hacking help an Ethical Hacker? (Demo)
Day 1 (Session 2)
Desktop/PC Security, Antivirus & IDS (Practical)
- Types of viruses
- What are anti viruses?
- How they detect a virus?
- Which Antivirus is best?
- What is firewall?
- What are Trojan & Spywares?
- Fundamentals of Web Security
- How the web really works
- Rattling the Locks
- Looking through Tinted Windows – SSL
- Having someone else do it for you – Proxies
- Web Vulnerabilities
- Scripting Languages
- Top Ten Most Critical Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Security Guidelines for Building Secure Web Applications
- HTML Basics – A brief introduction
- Reading HTML
- Viewing HTML at its Source
- Proxy methods for Web Application Manipulation
- How E-mail Works
- Safe E-mail Usage
- Spam, Phishing and Fraud
- HTML E-Mail
- Attachment Security
- Email Forging
Day 2 (Session 3)
- Android Phone Security
- What Apps can do to harm you?
- Dos & Donts for Mobile Phones
- What is WiFi?
- What are public WiFi?
- Can someone sniff our passwords?
- How to protect our self from WiFi attacks?
- History of Passwords
- Types of Passwords
- Strings of Characters
- Strings of Characters plus a token
- Biometric Passwords
- Build a Strong Password
- Password Encryption
- Password Cracking (Password Recovery)
- Protection from Password Cracking
Social Media Security
- Types of Social Media
- Attacks on Social Media
- Social Engineering Attacks
- How to defend Facebook Account?
- What is cyber abuse?
- Laws against Cyber Abuse
- How to avoid cyber abuse
Day 2 (Session 4)
After the hand on theory and practical experience from the workshop, Zonal Round Competition will be conducted for the participants.
On behalf of Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Certificate of Merit will be provided to all Zonal Round Winners and Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the Zonal Round Participants (Excluding Merit Participants).
Project to be Covered
- Creating Backdoors in Windows login page
- Creating Phishing pages of Gmail , FaceBook, Yahoo
- Sending Fake Emails and it's countermeasures
- Creating simple viruses and it's protection
- Hiding any secret data behind an Image
- Generate most secure passwords
- Google Hacking: Accessing Public Cameras
- Importance of Cyber Security in Our Daily Life
- Data Security & Hide Techniques
- Spyware, Keylogger & Virus Security
- Internet Surfing & Download Security
- Email Security & Social Networking Website Security- Phishing Attacks
- Browser Privacy & Security
- Experienced Faculty
- Live projects
- Certificate by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Certificate of Participation to all Zonal participants
- Certificate of Merit to all Zonal Winners
- Straight Entry into Final Round of National Level Robotics Championship
- Chance to represent yourself in IIT (Indian Institute of Technology)
- Enhance your Knowledge through various Live Projects
- Attractive On Spot Cash Prizes for all Final Round Winners