Mobile Robotics Workshop
Turn your smart phone into Robot Remote control.
The Robot mind is programmed to follow the instructions sent through cellular phones. We have come with Mobile Operated Robotics Workshop based on AVR Micro-controller and DTMF Module.
- Photo Gallery
- Video Gallery
Mobile Robotics Workshop mainly focuses on the student eager to learn about Robotics using Cellular communication. They will get a chance to expand their knowledge in the field of designing, construction, operation, and wireless application of Robot using Mobile-Phone's generated DTMF (Dual Tune Multiple Frequency) tone.
The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days with eight hours session each day, in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hand on practical sessions. At the end of this workshop a competition will be organized among the participating students where each participating student will get Certificate of Participation and the Winners will get Certificate of Merit.
Workshop Level : Intermediate Level
Best Suited for: All B.Tech/B.E./BCA/BSc. Students
Workshop Certification: Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Workshop Training Kit : Robosapiens iBOT Mini V 3.0 **SKU: RM0002
Day 1 (Session 1)
Introduction to Robotics
Basics of Robot Electronics:
- Basic Electronic Components
- Fundamental Electrical Concepts
- Operational Amplifier
- Integrating Circuit
- Interfacing of Sensors
- Motors and Controlling Circuit
- Interfacing of Motors
- DTMF (Dual Tone Multiple Frequency)
Day 1 (Session 2)
Introduction to Microcontrollers
This session would deal with the basics of Microcontroller. The focus will be on the AVR series micro controller- ATMega8, which is one of the most powerful and widely used 8 bit micro controller.
- What is Microcontroller?
- Difference between Microcontroller and Microprocessor.
- Microcontroller Architecture and Interfacing.
- How can we use Microcontroller in our Own Circuits?
Introduction to Programming Languages
- Assembly vs Embedded C.
- Microcontroller Programming using 'Embedded C'.
Discussion on Different Algorithms
- Line Following Robot
- Edge Avoiding Robot
- Obstacle Avoider Robot
- Wall Following Robot
- Sound Operated Robot
- Light Searching Robot
- Mobile Controlled Robot
Installation of Software and Debugging
- Writing your First 'Embedded C' Program in AVR Studio.
- Program Compilation and Debugging.
- Loading Compiled 'C' Program into Microcontroller using Robosapiens 'AVR BOOTFlasher v1.0 Beta'
Day 2 (Session 3)
Assembling the DIY kit of Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
Assembling plays a major role that deals with the mechanical section of Robotics including mounting of components and mechanical stability.
Generating different LED Patterns using Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
Development of Line Following Robot using Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
As the name suggests, Line Follower Robot is well programmed mobile machine that can follow a path visible like Black Line on White Surface or vice versa. A simple fuzzy logic will do the job of maneuvering the robot according to the Line Following Algorithm discussed in session 2.
Development of Edge Avoiding Robot using Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
Edge Avoiding Robot is a mobile machine that senses the presence & absence of surface below it and avoids the absence of the surface using the Edge Avoiding Algorithm discussed in session 2.
Generating different LED Patterns using Mobile Phone
Development of Mobile Controlled Robot using Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
A Mobile Controlled Robot is a mobile device that provides wide-range of wireless control ability to your robot sitting in one place, until and unless your mobile phone gets out of signal.
Day 2 (Session 4)
After the hand on theory and practical experience from the workshop, Zonal Round Competition will be conducted for the participants.
On behalf of Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Certificate of Merit will be provided to all Zonal Round Winners and Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the Zonal Round Participants (Excluding Merit Participants).
Project to be Covered
- Black Line Follower
- White Line Follower
- Intelligent Line Follower
- Edge Avoider Robot
- Wall Follower Robot
- Light Searching Robot
- Photophobic Robot
- Phototropic Robot
- Sound Operated Robot (Optional)
- Mobile Controlled LEDs
- Mobile Controlled Robot
1x (Robosapiens Atmega8 mini Robotics Development Board V4.0)
- Programming via boot loading through USB Port or 6-Pin ISP (In System Programming) cable.
- Driver Software not required (Plug & Play device).
- Three ports available for user interface: PORTB-8 Pin, PORTC-7 Pin, PORTD-8 Pin
- External Reset Switch
- On board crystal oscillator of 12 MHz frequency.
- On board LCD interface port.
- HXD® BUZZER for audible interaction with the users.
- Dedicated DTMF decoder IC module plug-in slot.
- Two supply inputs: One through battery and Second through Adapter.
- On board 5 volt regulated power supply for the board and external peripherals.
- Two H-Bridge implemented on the board using L293D IC to drive two DC motor with 1A drive current at voltages 4.5 to 36 volt.
1x (ATmega8 with inbuilt Robosapiens Bootloader)
1x (USB Connector cable)
1x (High Quality Plastic Chassis Board)
1x (DTMF Decoder Module for Mobile Controlled Robot)
1x (Screw driver)
1x (Ball Caster wheel)
2x (IR Based Digital Sensors)
4x (Support Studs)
1 Pair wheel 76mm Diameter
1 Pair D.C Plastic gear motors
Other required Tools and accessories etc.
- Designing of Robot
- Use of Actuators & Motors
- Interfacing External Peripherals
- Giving Brain to Robot
- Building Of Robot
- Real Time Working with Robot.
- Working with various Peripherals of Robosapiens Atmega8 mini Robotics Development Board V4.0 and DTMF Module V3.0
- FREE ROBOTIC KIT to Individual Group
- Certificate by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Certificate of Participation to all Zonal participants
- Certificate of Merit to all Zonal Winners
- Straight Entry into Final Round of National Level Robotics Championship
- Chance to represent yourself in IIT (Indian Institute of Technology)
- Enhance your Knowledge through various Live Projects
- Attractive On Spot Cash Prizes for all Final Round Winners