Android App Development Workshop
Still downloading the apps from Google Play Store!!! It's time to build your very own, Upload them on Play Store and start earning!
We have come with Workshop based on Android App Development.
- Photo Gallery
- Video Gallery
Android App Development Workshop mainly focuses on how to use Android OS for building your own Android Application. Only the basic knowledge of programming is required for Android App Development, you do not have to be a geek for it! The workshop will start from the basics like designing layouts and building complex layouts. Once the basics of Android are done we will begin with building Apps.
The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with eight hours session each day in a total of sixteen hours, properly divided into theory and hand on practical sessions. At the end of this workshop, a competition will be organized among the participating students where each participating student will get Certificate of Participation and the Winners will get Certificate of Merit.
Workshop Level : Intermediate Level
Best Suited for : All B.Tech/B.E./BCA/BSc Students
Workshop Certification : Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Day 1 (Session 1)
1. Introduction to the Android world
- Android Architecture
- IO's Vs Android
- Scope as an Android App Developer
- Understanding Eclipse IDE
- What is API Levels?
2. Understanding the Building Environment for Android
- Basic programming languages intro: Java and XML
- What is Front-End and Back-End environment
- Designing Front-end through XML
- Designing Backend through JAVA
- Practicing various design Layouts
3. Understanding Layouts
- What are Layouts and Widgets?
- Working with various layouts: Linear, Relative, Table, Frame
- Working with various Widgets: Text-View, Edit-Text, Buttons, Image-Views, and Scroll View etc.
- Practicing Layout Nesting's on various Layouts
- What is Weight-sum and Gravity?
Day 1 (Session 2)
1. Getting familiar with Activity
- What are Activity and its Life-Cycle?
- Designing an Activity
- Practicing its Life-Cycle
- What is Manifest File
- Registering the Activity in Manifest File
- Setting up the Android Virtual Devices
- Testing your Hello World Application
2. Introduction to Intents
- What are Intents
- Types of Intents: Explicit and Implicit
- Starting another Activity using both types of Intents
- What is Bundle?
- Sending Data from one Activity to another
- Building Camera application, fetching image using Intent
3. Understanding various Notifications
- What is Toast?
- What is Dialog and Alert-Dialog?
- What is action-bar Notification?
Day 2 (Session 3)
1. Developing Applications
- Splash Screen Application
- Music Player Application
- SMS Application
- Camera Application
- Email Application
- Text-To-Speech Application
Day 2 (Session 4)
2. Zonal Competition
After the hand on theory and practical experience from the workshop, Zonal Round Competition will be conducted for the participants.
3. Certificate Distribution
On behalf of Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Certificate of Merit will be provided to all Zonal Round Winners and Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the Zonal Round Participants (Excluding Merit Participants).
Project to be Covered
- Splash Screen App
- Music Player App
- SMS App
- Camera App
- Email App
- Text-To-Speech App
- Working with Eclipse IDE
- Designing of Front-End using XML
- Designing of Back-End using Java
- Develop your own Application
- Use the Apps in your Android Phone
- Uploading Android Application to Play Store
- Designing of different Layout and Widget
- Live Projects
- Certificate by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Certificate of Participation to all Zonal participants
- Certificate of Merit to all Zonal Winners
- Straight Entry into Final Round of National Level Robotics Championship
- Chance to represent yourself in IIT (Indian Institute of Technology)
- Enhance your Knowledge through various Live Projects
- Attractive On Spot Cash Prizes for all Final Round Winners