Pic Robotics Workshop
We have come with 2 days Workshop based on Pic Robotics.
- Photo Gallery
- Video Gallery
6th Sense Robotics will focus on getting you up and running with Arduino quickly, so that you will understand the basic procedures for working with Arduino and can explore further on your own.
An Arduino is a small computer that you can program to control things like lights or motors along with listening to components like motion detection sensors. It can give your project interactivity without needing an expensive and large circuit. Instead, you use a computer to program the Arduino, upload your code to the Arduino, and hook up your circuit.
The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days with eight hours session each day, in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hand on practical sessions. At the end of this workshop a competition will be organized among the participating students where each participating student will get Certificate of Participation and the Winners will get Certificate of Merit.
Workshop Level : Intermediate Level
Best Suited For: All B.Tech/B.E./BCA/BSc Students
Workshop Certification: Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Workshop Training Kit : Robosapiens Arduino Kit
Day 1 (Session 1)
1. Basics of Robot Electronics
- Basic Electronic Components
- Fundamental Electrical Concepts
- Operational Amplifier
- Integrating Circuit
- Interfacing of Sensors
- Motors and Controlling Circuit
- Interfacing of Motors
Day 1 (Session 2)
1. Introduction to Microcontrollers
This session would deal with the basics of Microcontroller. The focus will be on the PIC series micro controller- PIC16FXXX, which is one of the most powerful and widely used 8 bit micro controller.
- What is Microcontroller?
- Difference between Microcontroller and Microprocessor.
- Microcontroller Architecture and Interfacing.
- How can we use Microcontroller in our Own Circuits?
2. Introduction to Programming Languages
- Programming Languages- Assembly vs Embedded C.
- Microcontroller Programming using ’Embedded C’.
3. Discussion on Different Algorithms
- Line Following Robot Algorithms
- Edge Avoiding Robot Algorithm
- Obstacle Avoider Robot Algorithm
- Wall Following Robot Algorithm
- Sound Operated Robot Algorithm
- Light Searching Robot Algorithm
4. Installation of Software and Debugging
- Writing your First 'Embedded C' Program in MPlab IDE.
- Program Compilation and Debugging.
- Loading Compiled 'C' Program into Microcontroller.
Day 2 (Session 3)
1. Assembling the PIC DIY kit
Assembling plays a major role that deals with the mechanical section of Robotics including mounting of components and mechanical stability.
2. Generating different LED Patterns using Robosapiens PIC DIY Kit
3. Development of Line Following Robot using Robosapiens PIC DIY Kit
As the name suggests, Line Follower Robot is well programmed mobile machine that can follow a path visible like Black Line on White Surface or vice versa. A simple fuzzy logic will do the job of maneuvering the robot according to the Line Following Algorithm discussed in session 2.
4. Development of Edge Avoiding Robot using Robosapiens PIC DIY Kit
Edge Avoiding Robot is a mobile machine that senses the presence & absence of surface below it and avoids the absence of the surface using the Edge Avoiding Algorithm discussed in session 2.
Day 2 (Session 4)
1. Zonal Competition
After the hand on theory and practical experience from the workshop, Zonal Round Competition will be conducted for the participants.
2. Certificate Distribution
On behalf of Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Certificate of Merit will be provided to all Zonal Round Winners and Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the Zonal Round Participants (Excluding Merit Participants).
Project to be Covered
- Blinking LED
- Counter using Seven Segment
- Digital Voltage Measurement
- PC-MC Communication
1x (Robosapien's Arduino Development Board)
- Programming via boot loading through USB Port or 6-Pin ISP (In System Programming) cable.
- Plug & Play device
- Three ports available for user interface: PORTB, PORTC, PORTD
- External Reset Switch
- On board crystal oscillator of 16 MHz frequency
- Two supply inputs: One through USB and Second through Adapter
- On board 5 volt regulated power supply for the board and external peripherals
1x (Arduino Multi-Functional Shield)
USB Cable (A to B Type)
Other required Tools and accessories etc.
- Open Source Platform
- Easy to Learn
- Easy to Debug
- Interfacing I/O Devices
- Interfacing External Peripherals
- Learn Advance Topics
- Live Projects
- FREE ARDUINO KIT to Individual Group
- Certificate by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Certificate of Participation to all Zonal Participants
- Certificate of Merit to all Zonal Winners
- Straight Entry into Final Round of National Level Robotics Championship
- Chance to represent yourself in IIT (Indian Institute of Technology)
- Enhance your Knowledge through various Live Projects
- Attractive On Spot Cash Prizes for all Final Round Winners