AVR Embedded Systems Workshop
Eager to learn Advanced Embedded System just in 2 Days!!!
We have come with Embedded System Workshop based on AVR Microcontrollers with hand on live projects.
- Photo Gallery
- Video Gallery
AVR Embedded Systems Workshop mainly focuses on the students eager to learn about Advance features of AVR Microcontroller. They will get a chance to expand their knowledge in interfacing external advance peripherals like Matrix Keypad, LCD Display, Seven Segment Display and their application in real time projects.
The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days with eight hours session each day, in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hand on practical sessions. At the end of this workshop a competition will be organized among the participating students where each participating student will get Certificate of Participation and the Winners will get Certificate of Merit.
Workshop Level : Intermediate Level
Best Suited For: All B.Tech/B.E./BCA/BSc Students
Workshop Certification: Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Workshop Training Kit : Robosapiens AVR Controller Board **SKU: RM0625
Day 1 (Session 1)
1. Basics of Robot Electronics:
- Basic Electronic Components
- Fundamental Electrical Concepts
- Operational Amplifier
- Integrating Circuit
- Interfacing of Sensors
- Motors and Controlling Circuit
- Interfacing of Motors
Day 1 (Session 2)
1. Introduction to Microcontrollers
This session would deal with the basics of Microcontroller. The focus will be on the AVR series micro controller- ATMega8, which is one of the most powerful and widely used 8 bit micro controller.
- What is Microcontroller?
- Difference between Microcontroller and Microprocessor.
- Microcontroller Architecture and Interfacing.
- How can we use Microcontroller in our Own Circuits?
2. Introduction to Programming Languages
- Programming Languages- Assembly vs Embedded C.
- Microcontroller Programming using 'Embedded C'
3. Discussion on Different Algorithms
- Line Following Robot Algorithms
- Edge Avoiding Robot Algorithm
- Obstacle Avoider Robot Algorithm
- Wall Following Robot Algorithm
- Sound Operated Robot Algorithm
- Light Searching Robot Algorithm
4. Installation of Software and Debugging
- Writing your First 'Embedded C' Program in AVR Studio.
- Program Compilation and Debugging.
- Loading Compiled 'C' Program into Microcontroller using Robosapiens 'AVR BOOTFlasher v1.0 Beta'
Day 2 (Session 3)
1. Assembling the DIY kit of Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
Assembling plays a major role that deals with the mechanical section of Robotics including mounting of components and mechanical stability.
2. Generating different LED Patterns using Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
3. Development of Line Following Robot using Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
As the name suggests, Line Follower Robot is well programmed mobile machine that can follow a path visible like Black Line on White Surface or vice versa. A simple fuzzy logic will do the job of maneuvering the robot according to the Line Following Algorithm discussed in session 2.
4. Development of Edge Avoiding Robot using Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
Edge Avoiding Robot is a mobile machine that senses the presence & absence of surface below it and avoids the absence of the surface using the Edge Avoiding Algorithm discussed in session 2.
Day 2 (Session 4)
1. Zonal Competition
After the hand on theory and practical experience from the workshop, Zonal Round Competition will be conducted for the participants.
2. Certificate Distribution
On behalf of Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Certificate of Merit will be provided to all Zonal Round Winners and Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the Zonal Round Participants (Excluding Merit Participants).
Project to be Covered
- Blinking LED
- Counter using Seven Segment
- Digital Voltage Measurement
- PC-MC Communication
1x (Robosapiens AVR Controller Board)
- Programming via 6-Pin ISP (In System Programming) cable and DB9 Serial Connector.
- Four ports available for user interface: PORTA-8 Pin, PORTB-8 Pin, PORTC-8 Pin, PORTD-8 Pin
- External Reset Switch
- On board crystal oscillator of 12 MHz frequency.
- On board LCD interface port.
- Supply Input through Adapter.
- On board 8 bit LED Display
- On board 4 digit Seven Segment Display
- On board 4 bit keypad
- On board 4x4 Matrix Keypad
- On board DB9 Connector for Serial Communication
- On board Real Time Clock (RTC) Interface
- On board EEPROM Interface
- On board Stepper Motor Driver Interface
- On board 5 volt regulated power supply for the board and external peripherals.
- Two H-Bridge implemented on the board using L293D IC to drive two DC motor with 1A drive current at voltages 4.5 to 36 volt.
1x (AVR USB Programmer)
1x (LCD 16x2)
Connecting Jumper Wires
Other required Tools and accessories etc.
- Designing of Embedded System
- Learn Advance Features of Microcontroller
- Use of Different Display Devices
- Interfacing different External Peripherals
- Working with Real Time Live Projects
- Develop your own project
- FREE EMBEDDED KIT to Individual Group
- Certificate by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Certificate of Participation to all Zonal participants
- Certificate of Merit to all Zonal Winners
- Straight Entry into Final Round of National Level Robotics Championship
- Chance to represent yourself in IIT (Indian Institute of Technology)
- Enhance your Knowledge through various Live Projects
- Attractive On Spot Cash Prizes for all Final Round Winners